Tag Archives: henderson

Setting up a Small Business

Setting up a small business is not difficult, but the path is riddled with bad advice and horror stories.  Below is some information about the agencies needed to set up a small business in Henderson. All of the agencies, except City of Henderson, offer online services.  The agencies are in the order they should be visited.

Nevada Secretary of State: to set up a Corporation.  Fees start at $75 to file the Articles of Incorporation (for a Limited Liability Company) and $125 for the annual list of managers and members; or $200 initially and $125 a year for the annual list.

IRS: to request an employment identification number (EIN). The IRS website has information about whether an individual or corporation will need a EIN or whether reporting may be done under a social security number.

State of Nevada: to apply for a State Business License and Sales Tax Permit. Fees are $200 annually for the business license, $15 annually for the sales tax permit. A sales tax deposit based on sales is required initially, a minimum of $100. This is at least $315 initially, and $215 annually to maintain the license.

City of Henderson: to apply for a Henderson Business License. An application can be requested by calling the City of Henderson.  The application fee is $25. The biannual license fee based on sales, a minimum of $25. Additionally, small businesses based out of the home must apply for a home occupation permit; the application fee is $15. This is at least $65 initially, and at least $50 annually to maintain the license.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. My contact information is on the sidebar, or you may add a comment to this post and I will respond to the comment.

Comments Off on Setting up a Small Business

Posted by on September 10, 2009 in General


Tags: , , , ,