The Costume Blog is written by Anna Cotton, Owner of and Designer at Cotton Costumes.
I started designing when I was a small child (probably four or five). I would beg for scraps from my mother’s sewing projects and fashion them into outfits for my dolls. I would dress my brother and sisters up using parts of outfits, blankets, aprons, and hats, so that we would look the part for the story we were imaging.
I started designing, building costumes, and sewing for clients in 2004.
My show credits include:
- The Importance of Being Earnest (April 2014)
- Into the Woods (February 2014)
- Mousetrap (October 2013)
- Beauty & the Beast (May 2013)
- Little Shop of Horrors (February 2013)
- 12 Angry Jurors (October 2012)
- Alice in Wonderland (April 2012)
- Seussical (June 2011)
- Lucky Stiff (February 2011)
- Cinderella (June 2010)
- Pajama Game (April 2010)
- Velma’s Diner (December 2009)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (November 2009)
- The Wizard of Oz (June 2009)
- Seussical (May 2009)
- Oz (May 2008)
- I’ll be Home for Christmas (December 2007)
- Cinderella (May 2007)
- Borrowed Tomb (April 2007)
- Christmas is Forever (December 2006)
- Light (December 2005)
Please do not use anything here (designs, pictures, etc.) without permission. I’m pretty easy-going, ask and you will most likely receive.