The holidays are approaching. Below are several ideas to use up fabric scraps and create a hand crafted holiday.
- Stuffing/Batting: Use to stuff gifts like pillows or pincushions. Never use left over scraps to stuff toys or other items that could make it into a child’s mouth.
- Quilting: create a quilt block from scraps of a certain project to remember the project. For instance, creating a Seuss inspired quilt block from scraps of costumes from the show Seussical. Or use scraps to make quilted holiday items, like stockings.
- Testing: Check to see if there are any oil drips after oiling the machine. Use to check thread tension or test new sewing and stitch techniques.
- Doll’s Clothes: Create miniatures of projects instead of a quilt block, or make clothes for a special young lady’s favorite doll.
- Personalized Greeting Cards: Use snippets of material to create a unique card and use a sewing machine to sew the material to the card using a long stitch.
- Donation: Quilters are always looking for material to support their habit. Schools, daycares and churches may be interested in scraps to use for crafts.